E-Mail Address: email@example.com
aRT uNIT 7
aRT uNIT 7
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Examine how art and architecture influence the world.
- Competency 2: Discuss artistic traditions and visual expression to various fields of study.
- Recognize how the creative arts are visualized in fields of study.
- Competency 4: Examine the influence of history, literature, religion, and technology, among other areas of study on visual culture.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- State and support a clear central idea in a coherently organized document.
- Use the accepted form and style of the field.
- Follow conventional rules for style, format, grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Respect the dignity, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, and individuality of other people.
As we near the end of the course, continue working on your final course project, due in Unit 10. You will be required to use a minimum of eight resources for the course project. For this assignment, you will post an annotated bibliography for at least four of those resources. To construct your annotated bibliography, read the directions that follow carefully.
An annotated bibliography is a summary of scholarly resources (for example, authoritative books, academic journal articles, carefully selected Internet sources, and professional criticism) that you intend to use to support your project. An annotated bibliography, unlike a references list or a works-cited page, requires more than a list of citations. It includes a summary of the resource and usually a description of how you intend to use the resource for your paper.
For this assignment, identify at least of four of the resources required for your final project. Only one of the four resources you include may be a reading assigned in this course. Three of the four must be resources external to the course that you have found in your research. Note: When you deliver your final course project, you may include course texts and assigned readings as references—but course texts cannot comprise more than half of the eight minimum required resources.
As you select your resources, critically consider whether each one demonstrates credibility. Your goal will be to provide authoritative support for your position. You are seeking to examine how art and cultural expectations intersect, even if this occurs in ways with which you personally disagree. Use neutral sources that are not agenda-driven.
The Library Research and Information Literacy Skills page (linked in the Resources) contains information on identifying scholarly resources, evaluating source quality, and searching effectively. The ART2000: Annotated Bibliography Guide (also in the Resources) contains information on locating resources specifically useful in this course.
Each book, article, or other resource in your annotated bibliography must be formatted according to APA citation requirements. The citation must contain all the publishing and location information appropriate for the type of resource, according to APA guidelines. Use your APA manual and the Writing Center’s APA Citing and Referencing (linked in the Resources) to format your citations.
Your annotation should be a brief paragraph (100–150 words) describing the work and its relevance to your research. Include a brief summary of the main themes of the work and address your impression of its relevance to your research topic and question. Identify how this source will support your position. For example, does the source help identify the historical context? Does it describe the social reaction or implications? Does it provide background or introduce the topic to your audience?
Refer to the Writing Center’s Annotated Bibliography page (linked in the Resources) for more information and examples.
Review the Annotated Bibliography scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced, typed pages.
PART Two Discussions ( APA Format , Separate responses)
Architecture and Culture
As of 2018, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai is the tallest building and the tallest free-standing structure in the world. At 2,717 feet (828 meters), it is a supertall—a modern feat of architectural design and engineering. But why do architects in places such as Dubai and Singapore strive to build supertalls while China puts its emphasis on surface decoration? In our own lives, all we need to do is get on a plane or even go for a drive to see that architecture changes dramatically from place to place. Why do people in one part of the country use bricks for their homes while others use stucco?
This week you will choose a building or style and share your thoughts on why that country chose its design. Address specifics like culture, rituals, historical significance, and any possible artistic influence.
Resources and citations must be formatted according to APA style and formatting.
Discussion Two: ( see ATTACHMENT titled _ Image_INFO_discussion_2)
Art Reaction Journal
Over the first few weeks in your An Introduction to Art Criticism textbook you have been building a vocabulary of art terms for analyzing art. For this discussion, apply what you have learned to critically analyze a work of art from Southeast Asia and Far East Asia, using some of the language of art analysis.
To help get started, here is the four-step process:
- Name and describe the facts. Simply identify the objects in the artwork by describing what you see.
- Analyze the facts. Using the language of art, describe what elements of the artwork catch your attention. These could be elements such as shapes, lines, colors, or textures.
- Interpret the evidence. Based upon what you learned in steps 1 and 2, what do you think the artwork is about? What ideas, moods, emotions, messages, or stories do you think the artwork communicates?
- Judge the work of art. Do the objects, elements, and meaning of the artwork achieve the desired result, in comparison with other works of art?
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!