E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dell’s Supply Chain
Dell’s Supply Chain
Please type the paper in 10 font Arial. Please be as detailed as possible, and include and introduction, body and conclusion. Please include at least 2 creditable references and please list in APA format free of errors and extra word fillers. Please include page numbers at the bottoms of each page.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Please see below for more detailed instructions on requirements etc.
The assessment instructions is a guide for the paper and please answer each bullet in the paper from the assessment portion of the instructions.
In 600–800 words, respond to a series of questions about the past success and current challenges of Dell’s supply chain, and offer your thoughts regarding Dell’s distribution strategy, based on assigned library articles.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Explain why a company’s supply chain strategy is successful.
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Describe the main challenges facing a company.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Describe how a company has changed its supply chain to satisfy its customers.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and research; adhere to APA style and formatting.
Supply Chain Basic Functions
The functions basic to all supply chains are:
Fundamental decisions are required from supply chain managers to define strategy in developing a supply chain that will effectively meet these four requirements.
Supply Chain Planning
Planning or forecasting includes decisions needed to define operations of the other four supply chain functions. Three approaches to supply chain planning are:
- Demand forecasting.
- Product pricing.
- Inventory management.
Sourcing or procurement involves decisions that determine the source of the resources that a firm requires for operations. This function traditionally included activities such as purchasing, consumption management, vendor selection, contract negotiation, and contract management. Recent global developments and trends in outsourcing have made this a dynamic changing role for supply chain managers.Making or producing is the economic process of converting resources into goods and services. Typical activities in this function include product development and design, operations facility management, and production scheduling
Distribution or delivering can include order management, delivery scheduling, and order processing. Inventory placement and delivery centers are of prime importance in supply management as the cost effectiveness of the entire system can rely upon the efficient delivery function
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- Why is it important to consider uncertainty when evaluating supply chain design decisions?
- What are the major sources of uncertainty that can affect global supply chain decisions?
- Consider the financial, logistic, political, natural, cultural, and technological sources of uncertainty.
- Gray, M. (2007). Revolving around the customer [supply chains customisation]. Manufacturing, 86(6), 28–31. doi:10.1049/me:20070603.
- Kapuscinski, R., Zhang, R. Q., Carbonneau, P., Moore, R., & Reeves, B. (2004). Inventory decisions in Dell’s supply chain. Interfaces, 34(3), 191–205. doi:10.1287/inte.1030.0068.
- Blanchard, D. (2012). Dell taps into innovation to reach emerging markets. Industry Week/IW, 261(11), 45.
Dell has been selling computers for over 25 years with its unique, direct build-to-order sales model. After reading the related articles from the Capella library (linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading), answer the following questions:
- Why has Dell’s direct supply chain been so successful?
- Describe the main supply chain challenges that Dell is now facing and provide your recommendations for solving them.
- Was Dell’s decision to sell its products via retail outlets a viable solution? Do you agree with this distribution strategy? Why or why not?
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!