E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your manager asked you to prepare an article for a community newsletter for a local retirement village. The editor wants you to talk about the laws, policies, and choices surrounding end-of-life health care decisions
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on end-of-life care. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
Write an article of 750–1,000 words (3–4 pages) that discusses the laws, policies, and choices surrounding end-of-life health care decisions. Address the following in your article:
- Describe the role of the nurse in end-of-life decision making with patients and their families.
- Explain the legislation that generated end-of-life health care policies. Was the legislation an outcome of a specific medical case?
- Identify the primary policies regarding current health care practices related to end-of-life health care decisions. How to these policies affect treatment decisions?
- Explain the effect of end-of-life regulations and controls on patient outcomes. What effect does this have on the nurse-patient relationship?
- Describe the ethical considerations that have influenced policy decisions in regard to end-of-life decisions.
Your article should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: Cite a minimum of three resources; a majority of these should be peer-reviewed sources. Your reference list should be appropriate to the body of literature available on this topic that has been published in the past 5 years.
- APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 750–1,000 words or 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding title page and reference page. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Suggested Library Resources
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Norlander, L. (2014). To comfort always: A nurse’s guide to end-of-life care (2nd ed.). Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Hebert, K., Moore, H., & Rooney, J. (2011). The nurse advocate in end-of-life care. The Ochsner Journal, 11(4), 325–329.
- Lewis, K. (2013). How nurses can help ease patient transitions to end of life care. Nursing Older People, 25(8), 22–26.
- Lund, S., Richardson, A., & May, C. (2015). Barriers to advance care planning at the end of life: An explanatory systematic review of implementation studies. PLoS One, 10(2).
- Aoun, S., O’Connor, M., Skett, K., Deas, K., & Smith, J. (2012). Do models of care designed for terminally ill ‘home alone’ people improve their end-of-life experience? A patient perspective. Health & Social Care in the Community, 20(6), 599–606.
- Nakano, K., Sato, K., Katayama, H., & Miyashita, M. (2013). Living with pleasure in daily life at the end of life: Recommended care strategy for cancer patients from the perspective of physicians and nurses. Palliative & Supportive Care, 11(5), 405–413.
- Adams, J. A., Bailey, D. E., Jr., Anderson, R. A., & Docherty, S. L. (2011). Nursing roles and strategies in end-of-life decision making in acute care: A systematic review of the literature. Nursing Research and Practice, 2011.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4006 – Policy, Law, Ethics, and Regulations Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- American Nurses Association. (2016). Position statement: Nurses’ Roles and Responsibilities in Providing Care and Support at the End of Life. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/~4adf1c/globalassets/…
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!