E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Suppose you have been asked to submit an article for publication in your organization’s newsletter, about a global health topic and how policies and practices at the local level can affect global health. Choose one global health topic from the list (or use another of your choice):
- Mental health.
- Communicable diseases (HIV/AIDS, influenza, malaria, tuberculosis).
- Non-communicable diseases (cancer, lung, and heart disease).
- Maternal and child health (prenatal care, midwife education, childhood vaccinations).
- LGBT health.
- Global water supply and safety (GlobalHealth.gov, n.d.).
Look in the Capella library and on the Internet for very recent peer-reviewed articles, statistics, and professional nursing information on the global health topic you selected.
For this assessment, develop an APA-formatted research review article that covers one global health topic of your choice. In this assessment:
- Identify your topic. Provide background information and statistics on the topic, including the global areas most affected by the topic and the types of health care issues most often associated with the topic.
- Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery in the global areas most affected by the topic you selected. These factors may include not only culture and tradition, but also politics, economics, and social attitude.
- Explain the influence of altruistic organizations (Peace Corps, Project Hope, religious and non-religious missions, and so on) on health and health care practices in the global area specifically associated with the topic.
- Describe the interventions implemented to address the health care issues associated with the topic. Include both conventional and unconventional interventions.
- Explain how the health care decisions and practices at the local level (the area most impacted by the topic) relate to health and health care delivery in other global areas. This is not limited only to best practices, but could include poor health care decisions and practices.
- Identify evidence-based interventions that are effective, efficient, cost-effective, and equitable for promoting wellness and disease prevention in the specific area and population.
Complete your assessment using the following specifications:
- Title page and reference page.
- Number of pages: 6–8 (not including the title and reference pages).
- At least 3 current scholarly or professional resources.
- APA format for citations and references.
- Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced.
Global Health Topics. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.globalhealth.gov/global-health-topics/
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Martin, P., Duffy, T., Johnston, B., Banks, P., Harkess-Murphy, E., & Martin, C. R. (2013). Family health nursing: A response to the global health challenges.Journal of Family Nursing, 19(1), 99–118.
- Birbeck, G. (2013). Medicine for global health: Can “simple interventions” improve the worldwide burden of disease? BMC Medicine, 11(72), 1–3.
- Kana, M. A., Doctor, H. V., Peleteiro, B., Lunet, N., & Barros, H. (2015). Maternal and child health interventions in Nigeria: A systematic review of published studies from 1990 to 2014. BMC Public Health, 15(1), 1–12.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4014 – Global Perspectives of Community and Public Service Library Guide to help direct your research.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!