E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine you are part of an interdisciplinary health care team in your organization. Although the team has been working together for several months, communication between members is not always efficient or effective, and the situation has become stressful for everyone. The team leader asks you to develop a presentation for the team that addresses the issue.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on communication. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
Create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint presentation to examine the communication issue and the risk it creates for positive health care outcomes.
- Describe the types of communication barriers that occur within an interdisciplinary team.
- Explain how the communication barriers can impact patient safety and health care outcomes.
- Recommend specific evidence-based strategies to improve communication within the team.
- Explain how the strategies will benefit team members and patients.
Use the notes section of each slide to expand your points and cite your supporting evidence. Also, include a title slide and a reference slide that lists the resources you used in this assessment.
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- Be creative. Consider your intended audience.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided below to view the following multimedia pieces:
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Brown, J., Lewis, L., Ellis, K., Stewart, M., Freeman, T., & Kasperski, M. J. (2011). Conflict on interprofessional primary health care teams – can it be resolved?Journal of Interprofessional Care, 25(1), 4–10.
- Gilardi, S., Guglielmetti, C., & Pravettoni, G. (2014). Interprofessional team dynamics and information flow management in emergency departments. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 70(6), 1299–1309.
- Garon, M. (2012). Speaking up, being heard: Registered nurses’ perceptions of workplace communication. Journal of Nursing Management, 20(3), 361–371.
- Wagner, J., Liston, B., & Miller, J. (2011). Developing interprofessional communication skills. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 6, 97–101.
- Boykins, A. D. (2014). Core communication competencies in patient-centered care. ABNF Journal, 25(2), 40–45.
- Groves, W. (2014). Professional practice skills for nurses. Nursing Standard, 29(1), 51–59.
- Frederick, D. (2014). Bullying, mentoring, and patient care. AORN Journal, 99(5), 587–593.
- Ndoro, S. (2014). Effective multidisciplinary working: The key to high-quality care. British Journal of Nursing, 23(13), 724–727.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4002 – Assessment, Communication, and Collaboration Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have either been granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- Proper Patient Care – Team Communication | Transcript.
- Interprofessional Team | Transcript.
- Transforming Conflict to Collaboration in Healthcare | Transcript.
- Interdisciplinary Team Care: Case 1 | Transcript.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
- Clark, C. C., & Paraska, K. K. (2014). Health promotion for nurses: A practical guide. Burlington, MA: Jones &
- Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!