E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing and Workplace Violence
Nursing and Workplace Violence
Your workplace has experienced some serious problems with workplace violence that occurred between patients and caregivers. A new initiative has been introduced to educate nurses, health care workers, and social services workers on how to prevent workplace violence. You have been asked to write an article on workplace violence and prevention measures for the hospital employee newsletter.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on workplace violence. You will need at least five articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
Write a 750–1,000-word article (3–4 pages) on workplace violence and prevention measures for the hospital employee newsletter. Address the following in your article:
- Identify the political, legal, and/or legislative factors that may contribute to violence in health care settings. Consider the types of patients that may be treated within a clinical or hospital setting.
- Compare OSHA regulations and the ANA position statement on workplace violence to organizational policies.
- Explain safety policies and protocols for preventing and responding to violence against health care workers.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: Cite a minimum of five resources, with the majority being peer-reviewed sources. Your reference list should be appropriate to the body of literature available on this topic that has been published in the past 5 years.
- APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 750– 1,000 words or 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding title page and reference page. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Suggested Library Resources
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Doby, V. (2015). Leadership’s role in eliminating workplace violence and changing perceptions in the emergency department. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 41(1), 7.
- Blando, J., Ridenour, M., Hartley, D., & Casteel, C. (2015). Barriers to effective implementation of programs for the prevention of workplace violence in hospitals. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 20(1), 1–11.
- Bruce, M. D., & Nowlin, W. A. (2011). Workplace violence: Awareness, prevention, and response. Public Personnel Management, 40(4), 293–308.
- Saltzberg, C. W., & Clark, C. M. (2015). A bold call to action: Mobilizing nurses and employers to prevent and address incivility, bullying, and workplace violence. (2015). American Nurse Today, 10(8), 1.
- Gillespie, G. L., Gates, D. M., Miller, M., & Howard, P. K. (2010). Workplace violence in healthcare settings: Risk factors and protective strategies. Rehabilitation Nursing, 35(5), 177–184.
- Magnavita, N. (2014). Workplace violence and occupational stress in healthcare workers: A chicken-and-egg situation-results of a 6-year follow-up study. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 46(5), 366–376.
- Speegle-Clark, K. (2013).Violence in the workplace: A prevention program for healthcare workers. (Doctoral dissertation). Available from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 1539707).
- Papa, A., & Venella, J. (2013). Workplace violence in healthcare: Strategies for advocacy. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 18(1), 1.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4006 – Policy, Law, Ethics, and Regulations Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- Professional Issues Panel on Incivility, Bullying, and Workplace Violence. (2015). Incivility, bullying, and workplace violence [Position paper]. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/~49d6e3/globalassets/…
- United States Department of Labor, Occupational Health & Safety Administration. (n.d.). Workplace violence. Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthcarefacilities/vio…
- United States Department of Labor, Occupational Health and Safety Administration. (n.d.). Workplace violence prevention – Health care and social service workers. Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/dte/library/wp-violence/healt…
- AACN. (n.d.). Position statement: Workplace violence prevention. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.org/WD/Practice/Docs/Workplace_Vio…
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (n.d.). Occupational violence. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/violence/training_…
- Liss, G. M. (2000). Violence in the health care workplace. CMAJ, 162(4). Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC123115…
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!