E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine that, in an effort to reduce the number of patient complaints about nursing staff, organizational leadership has asked your department to prepare some preliminary research on a number of different topics. Your topic is patient communication, such as the following:
- The types of communication that take place between nurses and patients.
- The factors that can influence both positive and negative experiences.
- How the experience can impact health care outcomes.
- Strategies that can improve the communication between nurses and patients.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for peer-reviewed journal articles or other professional resources on the topic of effective communication with patients. You will need at least 3 resources to support your work in this assessment.
Prepare a report on patient-nurse communication in which you include the following:
- Describe the types of communication that take place between nurses and clients/patients. Do not forget to consider types of communication beyond verbal and written on paper.
- Explain the factors that influence positive and negative experiences during the communication process. (Hint: Consider the experiences of both the client/patient and the nurse. Also, consider things such as age, gender, culture, and so on, of both the client/patient and the nurse.)
- Explain how the client/patient experience can impact health care outcomes.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies for improving communication between client/patients and nurses.
- Explain how the strategies consider different client/patient demographics.
Format this assessment as a report that you would give to your supervisor. It may be helpful for you to review how your organization formats internal reports and incorporate your findings. You are still required to adhere to APA guidelines for in-text citations and references, as well as for formatting your reference page.
- Include a title page and a reference page.
- Ensure your assessment is 3–4 pages in length.
- Use double-spaced, 12-pt., Times New Roman font.
Suggested Library Resources
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Dean, E. (2012). A patient approach. Nursing Standard, 27(10), 16–18.
- Eggenberger, T., Garrison, H., Hilton, N., & Giovengo, K. (2013). Discharge phone calls: Using person-centred communication to improve outcomes. Journal of Nursing Management, 21(5), 733–739.
- Easton, P., Entwistle, V. A., & Williams, B. (2013). How the stigma of low literacy can impair patient-professional spoken interactions and affect health: Insights from a qualitative investigation. BMC Health Services Research, 13(1), 1–12.
- Nørgaard, B., Kofoed, P., Ohm Kyvik, K., & Ammentorp, J. (2012). Communication skills training for health care professionals improves the adult orthopaedic patient’s experience of quality of care. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 26(4), 698–704.
- Warnock, C. (2014). Breaking bad news: Issues relating to nursing practice. Nursing Standard, 28(45), 51–58.
- Manias, E. (2010). Medication communication: A concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66(4), 933–943.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4002 – Assessment, Communication, and Collaboration Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have either been granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- Nursing Professional Communication – Hostile Client | Transcript.
- Nurse and the Angry Patient | Transcript.
- Nurse Patient Relationship/Communication | Transcript.
- Proper Patient Care – Communication Techniques | Transcript.
- Say This, Not That: Patient Experience Video | Transcript.
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!