E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiting and Selection
Recruiting and Selection
Please type the paper in 12 font, Times new roman and a minimum of 3 pages. Please be as detailed as possible, and include and introduction, body and conclusion. Please include at least 2 creditable references and please list in APA format free of errors and extra word fillers. Please include page numbers at the bottoms of each page.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Please see below for more detailed instructions on requirements etc.
The assessment instructions is a guide for the paper and please answer each bullet in the paper from the assessment portion of the instructions.
Write a research paper in which you address the recruiting and selection functions of a selected organization, based on information you have gathered and analyzed about the organization.
Attracting top talent that fits the organization is of considerable importance. The ability to attract talented people is one of the foundational skills for any HR professional and one that will be utilized throughout your career. In addition to attracting top talent, you must make the decision about whom to bring on board and in what relationship: full time, part time, or contract.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply human resource strategies to business needs.
- Explain the selection processes.
- Competency 3: Examine core functions of Human Resource Management.
- Describe the organizational labor situation.
- Explain recruiting policies and methods.
- Analyze elements that affect the ability of an organization to attract and retain talent.
- Competency 4: Appreciate the strategic value of HRM within a competitive global business environment.
- Analyze the talent acquisition processes.
Many think of the human resources (HR) function in organizations as focused on performing specific organizational tasks, such as hiring, firing, and training. This is the traditional perspective of HR, but it is not optimal when linking the HR function to an organization’s business goals. Strong HR functions should be considered part of the strategic fabric of the organization. HR plays an integral role and serves as a true business partner that provides increasingly innovative, results-oriented business solutions. The role of HR in any company is as diverse as the companies and organizations operating in our global business environment.
In any organization, employees drive innovation, creativity, and the bottom line. Employees also consume a significant percentage of an organization’s resources (for example, time and money). They represent a tremendous investment that needs to be carefully selected, nurtured, and groomed to maximize the organization’s return on investment (ROI). Maximizing ROI is crucial for business today. This concept applies equally to all facets of an organization, including the human resources it employs.
What makes one candidate better than another? Is it sheer knowledge? Potential to grow? Best credentials? Easiest to fit into the organization? While seemingly simple, these questions are common to every organization that needs to hire someone to fit some need.
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- How has social media changed the recruiting and selection process in the last five years?
- How might social media be used to attract the best candidates for employment?
- What are some of the challenges in using social media this way?
Suggested Resources but not mandatory resources
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Pritchard, C. W. (2006). 101 strategies for recruiting success: Where, when, and how to find the right people every time. Saranac Lake, NY: AMACOM Books.
- Chapter 1, “15 Strategies for Operational Success.”
- Chapter 2, “Successful Sourcing.”
- Chapter 4, “Hiring Success.”
- Yeung, R. (2010). Creating success: Successful interviewing and recruitment. London, GBR: Kogan Page Ltd.
Before beginning the assessment, complete the following:
- Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information in order to complete the assessment. You may use the same organization for the other assessments.
- If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.
- Research the recruiting and selection functions of the chosen organization.
Based on your research into the recruiting and selection functions of the organization you selected, write a research paper in which you complete the following:
- Describe the organization’s current state of labor (for example, shortages, surplus, et cetera), including any recent changes in labor needs (shortages, temporary workers).
- Explain the recruiting policies and methods being used by the organization.
- Analyze the talent acquisition processes of the organization.
- Explain the selection process used, including testing, background checks, drug screening, interviews, and so on.
- Analyze elements of the organization that contribute to its image as an employer (for example, compensation, geographic location, size, et cetera). How do these elements affect the ability of the organization to attract and retain talent?
Please note: You must address all the required elements of this assessment. If details for any of the bulleted points are unavailable, research the topic and present recommendations you believe would be best for the organization, along with your supporting rationale.
- should include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page.
- Be sure you support your analyses with references to at least two resources.
- You should format this assessment as a research paper following APA 6th edition guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics.
- you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!